Monday, September 12, 2011

The fun in making a fool of yourself....

I act according to the situation; many people say this and do so proudly.
But at the cost of your personality…?

I have been observing my close aids and people I interact with regularly in my life to understand this. Humans, atleast 95% of them are no less than chameleons, changing according to the situation, which is good. But I wonder why change your beliefs too? If you do not believe in something strongly they why even speak about it?  And if you do speak about something, go to the heights in proving it, why go against it some other time?

It this competitive world when all want to emerge out as winners, I wonder at times if we have forgotten that we have our own personality and some things, we believe are good. It’s a shame we have to compromise on who we are just to prove a point to someone. The urge of winning an argument by making a strong point drives us I guess.


Maybe that’s the reason why most of the love marriages end up in fights post marriage and the statements “you have changed after wedding” comes into the picture. When you are not something, why pose? Understand if you are looking only for a date and want it to last only for some time.

I do try my best never to go against what I believe or speak. Eventually trying to be the so called “man of my words” but many a times it just goes phussssss and even I end up lying. Just that truth is too harsh many a times and a little story for the smile on other person’s face is worth it. But this has to be in a limit, not going full on to impress someone who we are sure will discover the truth sooner or later.

Wonder what % of success my attempt not to do it and to be a Man of my words achieve J

No comments:

Post a Comment